Health Services

A medical for the Private Pilot License must be taken from a Transport Canada approved doctor. For the Recreational Pilot Permit a medical authorization from your family doctor will do. It is recommended that the medical should be taken before your training begins or as soon as possible after training starts to ascertain you meet the medical standards. Your approved medical must be received before you can fly solo. If you wear glasses, take a copy of your latest eyeglass prescription to the medical examiner.

NOTE: Please make sure that the name on your medical is EXACTLY the same as on your birth certificate, passport or immigration document!

If you are from the local Regina area:

  • DR. J. S. MCMILLAN Landmark Medical Centre, #9 – 4150 Albert St. 306-352-9609
  • DR. Y. MARX #107-54 Ominica St. W. Moose Jaw – 692-6200
  • DR. P. SURI #415 – 2125 11th Avenue 306-525-8355

If you are from other than the local area:

Go to this site on the internet to select the country where you wish to get a Canadian Aviation Medical.

Next, select the city or all to find where the nearest aviation medical examiner is practicing. It is recommended that you do your Canadian Aviation Medical prior to commencing training to ascertain you meet the medical standards. Once completed, a medical certificate will be sent to your home address. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to be processed. No solo flights can be authorized until you have received your Aviation Medical Certificate.

Walk-In Medical Services

The following Medical Clinics provide walk-in patient services and after-hour clinics.  In an emergency dial 911.

  • Quance East Medical Clinic (306-522-2278) 49-2223 Victoria Avenue East.
  • Albert & Parliament Primary Health Care Centre (306-757-0303) 3992 Albert Street, Regina, Saskatchewan.
  • Pasqua Hospital (306-766-2222)
  • General Hospital (306-766-4444)

Health Services

International Students temporarily residing in Saskatchewan may apply for a Saskatchewan Health Services Card to be eligible for health benefits.  Application may include the student’s spouse/partner and all dependents under the age of 18.

To be eligible for a health service card you must:

  • Have a valid study permit.
  • Be registered full-time in a designated education institution.
  • Have a Saskatchewan residence.
  • Provide proof of identification (e.g. passport.)

Information regarding health benefits and applying for a health service care may be accessed from Saskatchewan e-Health webistes:

The City of Regina is located within the Regina Qu-Appelle Health Region.  The health region serves the City of Regina and the surrounding rural community.  Through the health region website the following information and links can be accessed.

  • List of medical clinics
  • List of hospitals
  • “Find a Doctor” – list of health clinic locations where doctors are accepting new patients.
  • Patient advocate services.
  • Health Line (email and telephone 811)
  • List of programs and services including mental health services.

Additional health care coverage may be purchased through private health care insurance plan providers.  Plan coverage includes dental care, vision care, and prescription drug benefits.